Saturday, December 10, 2011

Frustration Galour!!!!

Today, Friday, Hillary and I went out to work with our horses. Once we were in the arena Spirit started out really good and we went through the different obstacles set up way easily. He was responding to me small ques and willing to go. Then we tried to lope and things started to fall apart. It all went down hill from there to where I couldn't trot, or walk. I became so frustrated but when I got bigger he didn't understand. So that frustrated me more because I was not being clear to him. I know he was trying but for some reason I just couldn't get through my own mental blocks and think of what the right thing to do was. But then I really started to think hard and I think I was pulling his head in a weird way and not using my feet enough to direct him. When I would use the reins I would tell him to turn but when I did I was pulling back and telling him to turn at the same time. I think that is what got him confused at the beginning and it became worse as I went along trying to fix it. Although Hillary got on him and she was having similar problems to. When I got on Poncho though I was noticing he started to ask the same way as Spirit. I need to cue with my legs better for sure and then be more aware with my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment