Saturday, December 10, 2011

Learning

So on Thursday we did the race in class and I still had a problem with Spirit going forward and picking up a trot. Brother Twitchell showed me how I need to increase intensity. There apparently are two ways to do that. I can either kick hard which doesn't work for me, or I can kick faster. The kicking faster works so much better. So once I started to get the hang of that Spirit and I were doing just fine. Although I still feel like I am missing something and not grasping the technique completely. For me because Spirit is usually a dominant introverted horse I can't always read him very easily. I am not good at knowing when to give him a release. I also am not good at getting big with him. The big I have to get to is what I am not use to. But I will just keeping working on it and hopefully he will be having a good day on test day.

No comments:

Post a Comment